2020 has been a hard year for everyone, but it has given us the opportunity to launch Cup of Japan. The idea began at the start of the year to create something to help small-batch green tea farmers and sustain the tea growing heritage & craft in Japan.
After 20+ years travelling around Japan, enjoying green tea and meeting farmers, we got to see first-hand the difficulties they faced and understand the real threat to the industry’s future – even before COVID hit.
We started selling tea in June and are incredibly proud of the small-part we are already playing in sustaining the growing craft in Japan by introducing unique high-quality teas to new audiences around the world. A few highlights from 2020 include:
- Over 25,000g of tea purchased from local farmers
- Collaborating with 6 farming families with more in the pipeline
- 250+ packets of tea sold
- 11 unique teas and 5 tea sets introduced to our portfolio
- 14,000 unique visitors to our website and 1000s of followers
- Delivered tea to customers in 10 different countries around the world
- 100s of customers joined us with repeat purchases and great reviews
Thank you for visiting/ following/ sharing/ buying Cup of Japan – we are inspired by your support and will continue working towards our purpose.
Hoping 2021 is a better year for all!